Friday, October 15, 2010

W3 - Reading

What I am reading this week:


First, I found a great article about Gardner’s MI theory as related to young children learning in different ways.  The author Gonca Eksi, from Turkey, discusses the use of MI theory in planning language lessons which appeal to a variety of intelligences in young children learning English, and how it can greatly increase the likelihood that the child will learn.  This is right in line with my thinking about environmental education as well.


Next, I found an article about the uses of MI Theory in Africa and, “suggests specific ways in which educators worldwide could incorporate the different intelligences in their teaching and learning activities.”  This is exactly where I am going with my AR book that I am just about finished writing.


Next article I found was about 7th grade students in Taiwan who were tested using web-based learning and found that web-based learning did enhance student achievement.  No surprise there!



This next article I found is a fascinating comparison between a web-based environmental education program and a traditional environmental education program with Junior High school students. This study was apparently conducted in Greece, and showed significantly higher scores from the students who took the computer-aided instruction over the traditional instruction group.


A fascinating study in e-learning in collaboration by another Turkish researcher Cemal Ardil, discusses a global collaborative circle and a resulting e-book and DVD (exactly what I am creating for my AR project).  Students develop skills in global culture and understanding in this study.








No comments:

Post a Comment