Monday, October 18, 2010

W4 - Reading

What I am reading this week:

This week I found another Taiwanese study about the effects of e-learning on Junior High school students who were tested on their technology learning attitudes and outcomes. It turned out positively for the students’ learning outcomes. Taiwan is doing a lot of study about e-learning.



I also found an interesting British study about e-book learning with 4th and 5th graders who used books on computers to learn vocabulary. Some did well and others didn’t, it was an interesting study that I plan to research further on, especially since my e-book centers on younger students.



An interesting study of Taiwanese Junior High students in a science e-program is the subject of this next paper. The study included a live satellite simulation where students interpreted images and data. The study revealed a more positive attitude toward science especially in males.



I found an excellent article by John Warren on the innovation and future of e-books. This is of complete relevance to my AR projects, since I have written an e-book, and his discussion about the acceptance of e-books is fascinating. A must read article!



The next article I started reading is about environmental education in Chinese elementary schools, which centers around a local pond environment. This is quite interesting to me as my e-book also centers on a local pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment