Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Week 1 Blog Post – Presentation vs Paper



I thought a lot about this before posting my blog entry.  We have the option to do a paper or a presentation for our Action Research projects.  I would like to do both, but for the assignment and final, I really have decided that I will do a presentation. I think my main reason for doing this is that my project is really fun and colorful, and really deserves to be seen as a whole or ‘big picture’ in my opinion.  I like the idea of a paper for scholarly reasons and for participation in a journal at some point, but, my heart of hearts is in design and the colorful nature and wildlife photos and videos I produced for my e-book “The Adventures of Little Boat.”  The children who participated in my AR project cycles loved the book, and I have some really great video footage of different kids discussing the e-book, which I think also deserves to be seen and enjoyed for what it is.  I just loved the interaction of the kids together when they viewed my e-book, it was like one big “Little Boat” party for them.  This was really such a fun project that I want it shared with everyone who will watch my presentation.  There, in a nutshell is why I think a presentation will best suit my particular contributions to Action Research through my project!

No comments:

Post a Comment