Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 3 - Personal Choice Blog Entry: My Life After EMDT

I was feeling bereft at the thought of leaving Full Sail...



For my blog post this week I want to mention how much I will miss the wonderful EMDT program at Full Sail University. It has been the hardest work I’ve ever loved doing. Seriously, you get out of a program what YOU put into it. I put a lot of myself into this program, and I learned so much great information and techniques that I will use for the rest of my life, that I know I will succeed in whatever I decide to do or whatever path I take after graduation. I found myself feeling bereft every time I thought of this being the nearly last month of my program recently. I know I am going to have a really exciting summer of travel, just going home to England then off to the Middle East and other countries to do some photography and videography. But, I thought to myself, then what? I have a lot of choices really, and it is up to me, I know that. I was originally pretty much set on applying to different PhD programs so I could eventually secure employment as a University professor some place. However, now that I have learned so much amazing stuff at Full Sail, I am finding that I really have a love for film production. I want to take the amazing opportunity I have this summer and shoot some documentary-style videos of different aspects of the Middle East, and then see if I have what it takes to produce documentaries and short films. YouTube is a great media vehicle for this type of experimentation, and I plan to make full use of my account there and the one I have at Viddler as well. This leads me to my next idea. I think I want to pursue another Master’s degree at Full Sail, but this time in Film Production. I think it would be amazing to spend another year doing the time consuming but incredibly productive and enlightening coursework at Full Sail. I am getting closer to a decision about this. Stay tuned to my blog for more!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Zoe - what an awesome idea. I'm so jealous! I'll be here in a middle school library - not the same as the Middle East...well some days, maybe. You're so right about it being "the hardest work I've ever loved doing." I've been warned about the vacuum it will leave, and I'm already feeling it. I can imagine missing all those adrenalin rushes and anxiety attacks! Thanks for pulling me through them. If you need someone to come rescue you anywhere in the world, just call. I can be packed in 30 minutes! I can't wait for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, I should have also mentioned how much I am going to miss you and Pat, Thomas, Brian, Jen, Tom Lucas, and Jason (plus a whole host of others) at Full Sail. I really have made some lifelong friends here and its going to be so hard to give it all up and go on my merry way, even though I am headed for another adventure. Who knows, perhaps I will end up enrolling in the Full Sail film program afterward..I am seriously considering it.

    ReplyDelete