Friday, May 27, 2011

Week 4 - On A Personal Note...

Contemplating in L.A.

Month 11 journey nearly over…

Month 11 was really a crazy one for me, so stressful on so many levels and frontiers.  I am in a constant scramble to get rid of things I don’t need ready for my big “Overseas Adventure” or my “World Tour” as I call it, which starts the day after I walk up onto the stage with my friends and teammates at Full Sail University graduation.  I couldn’t be more excited, mainly to meet the people of my Team Digital Horizon…what an honor that will be, to meet the people I’ve been talking to on Skype, MSN, iChat, iGoogle, gmail, yahoo mail, FSO mail, you name it.  We have communicated and gotten to know each other like a family.  We made a movie together, we commented on each other’s blogs and assignments, we have become friends for a lifetime beyond Full Sail.  I can’t imagine when I step up on that stage with them and the other great people I’ve been communicating with all this time.  I can’t imagine us posing for those ‘after graduation’ pictures with my team, although I can.  It will be the end of a great journey we were all on, all newbies together at the same time on, and all totally immersed in technology with, after-the-fact.

All I can say is, what I said to one of my dear friends recently as we sat in a posh LA eatery while I was on a sort of ‘working vacation’ this last week away from the Vegas heat.  “It was really a huge accomplishment to do this Master’s degree in a year.” And my next comment after the nod I received, was “I may have to do it again, and try my hand at film production.”  To which my friend quipped “Yes, then you can move to LA and hang out with all your friends here!”  Okay, so maybe I won’t be doing that anytime soon, but I will be going on an overseas adventure that will take me halfway across the world, for what looks like it could be a very, very long time...  I will shoot film and photos there, its’ what I do.  As far as Full Sail again? Maybe.  I’d like to think that I could go back and try something else if I want to.  I love the experience I received and the great friends I made.  I will miss it, terribly.  Luckily, I will have PLENTY to keep me busy after I flip my tassel and throw my cap into the air with my dear friends on graduation day, 2011…

Okay, let’s get on with Month 12 please…

2 comments:

  1. So, you will need a decompression chamber to unwind after finishing two degrees in five years. You went straight from receiving your bachelor's to earning your masters. I am glad you have this adventure in front of you. To just "be done" with no exciting next step would be pretty disorienting, I'm thinking. I really want to see your video of the Aegean, and all of the wonderful landscape and sites you will visit. I am hoping to move as well, but in a less dramatic way. If I move to someplace cool, perhaps I can swap video with you. Hang in there for month 12. And please, please publish your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...thanks Pat I will definitely shop my book out to publishers. I have so many things I need to do and want to do, but have you noticed lately how the days are just 'whizzing' by at breakneck speed now that we are in the final stretch? I am disoriented just thinking about getting through this and off on my way to paradise! We will indeed be in touch, swapping vids on YouTube and Viddler, and who knows, maybe we'll both hit 'viral' in our YouTube clicks this year!! lol!! It's been fun, Pat, you were with me the whole way, and that is so amazing we all made it didn't we? Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete